Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Time

It seems like a lifetime since I wrote anything. Time.....it seems to get away from me and then I realized that lately I have been in a rush to do everything. When is the last time I just slowed down and took my time? If I am always in a rush, what could I be missing? Can I hear God in "my agenda" to get things on my "to do" list done? Answer: I am missing all that God is doing in my day and all that He longs to tell me. Hard to swallow but blatant truth. It hurts when God brings our character flaws to our attention, but the hurt is good. It means that we are being transformed and that is when I hunger most for God, when He is showing me places to meet with Him. That's when I hear Him calling. He says, "TIME WITH ME cannot be rushed. When you are in a hurry, your mind flitters back and forth between Me and the tasks ahead of you. Push back the demands pressing in on you; created a safe space around you, a haven in which you can rest with Me. I also desire this time of focused attention and I use it to bless you, strengthening and equipping you for the day ahead. Thus, spending time with Me is a wise investment. Bring Me the sacrifice of your precious time. This creates sacred space around you - space permeated with My Presence and My Peace." Psalm 119:27; Chronicles 16:9; Hebrews 13:15

No comments:

Post a Comment