Thursday, April 21, 2011

Learning to Listen

Today I had an interview for a job at Safeway. It was a great interview and the lady said that she would recommend me highly for hire! I was so thankful to God for being with me, but as I left the store with groceries in hand, my spirit was not at rest. I kept praising God for the interview going so well, but my spirit still didn't sit well. The job that I interviewed for was a courtesy clerk and although I would do the job without a problem, the lady felt I was far over qualified for it. I was in agreement and she would like to see management put me somewhere else that I could use my abilities better. She asked me what other positions I would be interested in and I stated a Barrista or working in Customer Service. She was in agreement. However, what didn't sit right with me was all the money you have to pay out for being a part of the union and getting a food handler's permit and the hours not being set in stone. Your work schedule changes from week to week and with little flexibility childcare wise, I wondered if this would work. Not wanting to show my concern, I didn't speak up. I just said I was flexible and could make whatever hours I got work. Was I being dishonest? Hmmm....then I heard Jesus Calling:
LET ME CONTROL YOUR MIND. The mind is the most restless, unruly part of mankind. Long after you have learned the discipline of holding your tongue, your thoughts defy your will and set themselves up against Me. Man is the pinnacle of My creation, and the human mind is wondrously complex. I risked all by granting you freedom to think for yourself. This is god-like privilege, forever setting you apart from animals and robots. I made you in My image, precariously close to deity. Though My blood has fully redeemed you, your mind is the last bastion of rebellion. Open yourself to My radiant Presence, letting My Light permeate your thinking. When My Spirit is controlling your mind, you are filled with Life and Peace. Gen. 1:26; Rom. 8:6

No comments:

Post a Comment