Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Worn out, weak Mommy

Yawn....No sleep, headache, sore throat...how can I get through this day...baby crying, 3 year old saying "Mommy, come one, lets go outside, I want to put my clothes on...Mommy?" Hurry get the kids fed...no come on son, eat....as 1 year old throws the food out of my hands.....throw on clothes, who cares what I wear or if I look dumpy...so I am a dumpy looking mom, whatever.. Again, my 3 year old, "Come one Mommy....lets go play..." Go outside, 1 year old falls because I was helping the 3 year old..."Okay time to go get coffee at the grocery store!!"...all the while my frustration, fear of failing as a parent because I am so tired is building up inside me.....God!! Help me! I don't want to fall. I need you to help not fail as I do so many times. We get home, eat lunch, kids go for nap and then I stop and read this:
Jesus is Calling: IT IS GOOD THAT YOU RECOGNIZE YOUR WEAKNESS. That keeps you looking to Me, your Strength. Abundant life is not necessarily health and wealth; it is living in continual dependence on Me. Instead of trying to fit this day into a preconceived mold, relax and be on the lookout for what I am doing. This mind-set will free you to enjoy Me and to find what I have planned for you to do. This is far better than trying to make things go according to your own plan.
Don't take yourself so seriously. Lighten up and laugh with Me. You have Me on your side, so what are you worried about? I can equip you to do absolutely anything, as long as it is My will. The more difficult your day, the more I yearn to help you. Anxiety wraps you up in yourself, trapping you in your own thoughts. When you look to Me and whisper My Name, you break free and receive My help. Focus on Me, and you will find Peace in My Presence. Phil. 4:13; Prov. 17:22
Breathe....The Voice of Truth Shines through the Lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment