Friday, April 1, 2011

Business

As a mom, I get swamped thinking of all I have to do. The thing is, I get caught up so much in my to do list that my anxiety gets high and I sometimes break down in tears because what I wanted to accomplish didn't get done. Either I get sick, as I have been for the last several weeks and I mean so sick that it takes an army to move me, or my two little precious boys are too wound up to mind me and I have to leave a store due to a fit by my 3 year old or just have to stop what I am trying to do because my boys need me more. I desperately yearn for time with God at any cost and time to walk. I just want life to be more simplified so that I can do all I have on my list to accomplish, not just daily but in my life. Wait a minute, do any of you notice one word that is repeated way too many times? "I" Swallowing hard, "God forgive me for how many times I say the word "I". " What is getting in the way? Me. What is causing the anxiety? Me. Then I hear Jesus Calling:

I AM CALLING YOU to a life of constant communion with Me. Basic training includes learning to live above your circumstances, even while interacting on the cluttered plane of life. You yearn for a simplified lifestyle, so that your communication with Me can be uninterrupted. But I challenge you to relinquish the fantasy of an uncluttered world. Accept each day just as it comes, and find Me in the midst of it all. Talk with Me about every aspect of your day, including your feelings. Remember that your ultimate goal is not to control or fix everything around you; it is to keep communing with Me. A successful day is one in which you have stayed in touch with Me, even if many things remain undone at the end of the day. Do not let your to-do-list (written or mental) become an idol directing your life. Instead, ask My Spirit to guide you moment by moment. He will keep you close to Me. 1 Thes. 5:17; Prov. 3:6

1 comment:

  1. I have an aunt who prays every morning that the Lord use her in whatever way he pleases today, whichever child needs a babysitting favor, a friend needs something dropped off, etc. Great mindset to start the day with, and one that I want to start doing as well!

    ReplyDelete